Wednesday, April 1, 2009

~Spring Break Part I~

I was born and raised about 20 minutes from downtown Chicago.
Now I live about 45 minutes from downtown.

SOOOOO, yesterday, Bill, Bradley and I headed into the heart of Chicago,
the museum district.
Well that's what I call it.
The John G. Shedd Aquarium
aka the Shedd Aquarium.
~What fun~

This is a photo of the skyline from the Shedd Aquarium.
It is also located right on Lake Michigan.
Amazing views.

This is Bradley wearing his glasses for the 4-D movie.
We saw Planet Earth in 4-D.
Super cool!!!
Although, I did get scared from time to time.
I don't like the feeling of something is running over my feet.
That's all I'm going to say about that.

My cute hubby.

Me and Bradley.
Boy do I love this little man of mine

Lunch anyone????
Now, that is a big fatty lobster.
Just imagine how much butter you would need for that guy~

Bradley standing in a window.
Gosh, this city rocks!!!
Oh, and so does the kid!

A stingray. Look at those blue spots.
GORGEOUS!

Just a starfish hangin' out.
I can do that too ya know!

Bradley, Bill and some kids in the back!!!!
Hey wait....we forgot him there!!!!!
OH NO!!!!!!!

This is live coral!
I am a scuba diver.
I have seen stuff like this close up and personal.
It makes we want to take a dive trip.
Ohhhhhh Billllllllllllllllllllll................

Jellyfish.
I'm sorry the photo is so bad.
They have a no flash policy at the John G. Shedd Aquarium.
WHAT????? is what I said.

Since I am a law abiding citizen I chose to follow their rules.
It would be really embarrassing to get kicked out in front of my 5 yr old.

Now, onto today. Can't wait to plan today!!

Happy Wednesday to all!!

XOXO

18 comments:

the wild raspberry said...

how awesome to live so close to those amazing places...my girls have wanted to go to chicago for years now {being that they are so old now ha ha}
your little guy looks just like your husband! isn't that fun?
love it.
have a great adventure today.
chasity

Kasey said...

how fun, but it doesn't quite compare to my visit to the aquarium yesterday...
xo

a.love said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Chicago. Now I feel I have a friend there :) What a perfect day out. Little boys really are the best :)

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

Happy Spring Break! What a fun mom you are! Happy April 1 - and can't wait to hear more of your adventures!

LuLu said...

What a wonderful day you had. Your family is beautiful.
LuLu

Lois Christensen said...

A no flash policy? I have never heard of that. Were they afraid you would scare the jellyfish? Now that would be funny! Looks like you all had a great time. You and your son look soooo cute together!!!

Blondiensc said...

What a great day with the family and lucky to live so close to a hoppin' city!! Enjoy your day today whatever might come of it!

Sarah said...

We were just there on the 22nd, awesome! I took almost all the same pics you did and also said the same thing when I saw the lobster...I'm hungry! :)
The 4D rocked!
I have missed catching up with you, pray that we can find our XP recovery disk soon! My computer has to be completely wiped out and reinstalled for the OS... :(
Hope you are having a great week!!! :)

Backyard Candle Co. said...

What fun! Do you guys get a whole week off? We just get 2 days! :( I love going to Chicago, such a cool city. Your lucky you live so close. Have a great night!

Katie said...

I'm jealous! What cool pictures and an adorable son! It sounds like you guys are having a great spring break :)

paige said...

too fun....did you & kasey hook up?

imjacobsmom said...

Happy spring Break! Chicago is on my list of places to visit. They are talking about putting in a faster train from the Twin Cities to Chicago and also Southwest Airlines just added flights for $49.00 one way. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what else you are up to. ~ Robyn

southerninspiration said...

Ya'll look like you are having a blast!! Happy Spring Break!

Suzanne

Bill Deitch said...

Why did you photoshop my hair off?

gwengoods said...

That is wonderful, my husband is from the south side, and we love going into the city when we visit, I can't wait to take Orla to the Shedd!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Looks like a wonderful time was had by all - sweet family time!

Sheila Rumney said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time spent together!

Sue said...

What great photos and great memories! I think your son looks like BOTH of you! Such a sweet shot of you with him! We took a little adventure this week too. I posted about it today and we are off on another tomorrow. My kids get 2 weeks off for spring break. I love to see them snuggled under a blanket on the couch with their heads stuck in a good book!
Blessings- LillySue