Monday, March 15, 2010

Sisters


Sisterly love runs so deep.

They are the people who drive you crazy but yet you love endlessly.

They are the ones who just "get" you.

They are the ones who don't let ya get away with anything.


This is the sister that drives me crazy(because she knows me so well) and yet makes me laugh harder than anyone else in the whole world.


This is my sister, Kelly.

She is the sister who:
used to pay me to do her laundry
took me to the beach
took me bowling
took me to the movies
I shared a queen size bed with while growing up
used to let me use her ID so I could get into bars before I was 21
(SSSSHHHH don't tell anyone)
when we get new wallets we do the "toll booth"
(that's when we act like we are paying a toll so we can show off our new wallet)
shared her son's halloweeen candy with me
(we actually ate it ALL while playing Mario Brother on Nintendo in one night)
eats whatever she wants and NEVER gains weight
(I know, I hate her too for that)

The list could go on and on..
I'm just lucky to have someone in my life that was there all those years growing up....
through the good the bad and the ugly.

I hope she reads this. She would kill me if she knew she was on my BLOG.
See, only sisters can do that.

Happy Monday!!!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

You girls are sooooo lucky. My sister doesn't "get me", we are not close at all and that makes me sad. So be good to each other.

Lulu and Co. said...

sister love!!!
xo,
LuLu

Mari said...

Always wanted a sister. A bond that can't be broken. Count your blessings....yeah, I think you already have!

Sarah said...

Such a sweet post! You look a lot alike. Your hair looks great, did you get highlights? Happy Monday!!!

southerninspiration said...

I do so wish I had had a sister.......but I do have good sister in law!!

Suzanne

Jeanne Oliver said...

You are the cutest!!!!

Rue said...

You are so lucky! I have a stinky brother instead LOL

xo,
rue

Vicki Boster said...

Maisey -
I just found your wonderful blog and have SOOO enjoyed visiting. You have a great sense of family and I love that about you. I have 2 sisters and I love them both dearly.

Thanks for sharing your stories and your photos. Love your vintage wares!

I will be back for another visit soon - this just feels like a wonderful place to be.

Vicki

Debbiedoos said...

Sisters are very special, I just did a post on mine too:)

Christina said...

Yep! Sisters are very special. There is a special bond that is amazing. I kinda feel sad sometime thinking that my daughter will never have that sister bond. The brother/sister bond is just not the same.

Y'all look wonderful and happy!

Victoria said...

I loooooove my sisters! I have 3 and they are the best friends I could ever have. My one great disappointment is that it looks like my Sweet Girl won't have a sister. :(

Anonymous said...

My sister never sends me photos of her from across the U.S. because she KNOWS I will put them on my blog. Can't blame her I suppose in that she likes to maintain her privacy online.

Sisters are wonderful!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Patty said...

Sisters are pretty good things to have, I should know I have 7 of them ;) great post!

the wild raspberry said...

sisters are definitely the best.