Tuesday, February 9, 2010

i'm back

ok...so it's been awhile.

please excuse my absence.

it has been much needed.

i thought i would let you know what i have been up to.
are ya ready for this???
A BIG FAT NOTHING!!!
that's right....a whole lot of nothin'.

well...aside from laundry, cooking, cleaning, volunteering, get a daughter ready to study abroad, packing lunches, helping my boy with his homework, basketball, soccer, tutoring, traveling, spending some amazing time with the hubby, talking on the phone....etc.
that's right...i have gotten back into talking on the phone. i was maintaining some of my relationships via e-mail. i am so happy to hear voices again.

in my absence i have been doing some real, true soul-searching.

i would like to let you in on what i have learned about myself:

1) i need maisy time. not just a minute here and there but time to just veg out by myself. no phone, computer or any other electronic for that matter.....ok...maybe the TV~

2) i really only need a few friends.

3) i need to read every day.

4) i do not have to cook, clean and keep my house kept up to be happy. it's actually just the opposite. the less i do out of obligation the happier i am.

5) it's important to me to say what i mean and mean what i say. i also need that in return.

6) the problems that my husband and i have had in the past have only made out marriage richer, deeper and stronger.

7) i really do believe that i need my family more than they need me. i have always prided myself on not needing anyone. boy, was i way off base.

8) i need to not allow fear to rule my life. this is my 2010 resolution. wish me luck.

9) i am a homebody. there is no where else i want to be other than in my home.

10) this is the big one....things that have happened in my life no longer need to drive me. i have spent 40 years revisiting things that were not happy times in my life. i WILL not allow those experience to take any more time. i will not look into the future. i WILL only do what needs to be done NOW to make this very moment special.

thanks once again for allowing me to share.

i have missed all of you. it was time i truly needed to spend alone.

xoxo

24 comments:

The Kramer Angle said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!

southerninspiration said...

I've missed you, too...but I understand. And geez, girl, you've learned some powerful lessons about y'self lately.....whoa.
take care,
Suzanne

Katie said...

I'm so glad you're back, I've missed you! I hope you're doing okay :)

Sandi said...

You have learned some amazing lessons Amy.You go girl!!

I pray daily for my hubby to learn number 10 and for anyone else who needs to as well. His very painful childhood is something he can't seem to get over. I on the other hand had a wonderful childhood and I can't imagine what others have gone through.

Blessings~

Blondiensc said...

That was a very well thought out and written post, I am so glad you got your Maisy time and that you have learned some valuable lessons along the way, I missed your posts, but luckily I get to be one of the lucky ones to hear your voice! muwahhhh!

Lisa said...

I am so glad you are back and that you are happy you are back! I was a little worried but hoped you weren't blogging because you were busy doing fun stuff! Glad to know you were!I too have changed a lot about how I look at my life and so far 2010 has been a really great year! Hope it is for you too!
Hugs, Lisa

Jackie said...

Missed you, but sounds like the time off was well spent! I love all of your discoveries about yourself!!

T said...

Horay!!! I'm so glad your back! I've MISSED you!!!! I think I need to do that whole phone thing. I too use email and such to maintain friendships. Love you and so glad you are back to blogging!

Chez Zizi said...

Welcome back. I am glad you are back!
Zizette

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

TOTALLY have missed you, friend!!!

I hope you'll be back to post regularly - but don't feel obligated!! ;)

xoxoxo

Sarah said...

So glad to see you are back! Yay! I figured there was something big on the horizon! Enjoy your Maisy time, we all realize at one point or another that we have neglected ourselves which doesn't help ANYONE! I hope you had an amazing trip and I am so glad you are doing well!

LuLu said...

Welcome back and you sound wonderful... time away doing everything you love sounded wonderful!! Good for YOU!!!
big hugs on your return,
P.S. I am a phone gal myself :)
xo,
LuLu

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Welcome back!! You have been missed! We all need time to soul search and weed out those parts of our lives that weigh us down!

So glad you were able to do that and are back with renewed vim and vigor!

Lou Cinda :)

Rebecca said...

Hi Amy
I just want to say a big thank you for an absolutely lovely day! Your home is warm and beautiful but not as much as you are. Thank you thank you... I enjoyed it so much
Many blessings
Rebecca

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Glad to have you back, Amy/Maisy!

Lori said...

Nice to see you back and I am loving your list!! I have been posting a bit but have gotten away from reading ~ playing catch up right now actually. So come back when you can and eventually I will read it ~ lol!

farmerjulie said...

Hi Amy!
i have not been around much either..trying to post more..
xoxox
jules

Victoria said...

I missed you but totally understand!!!

Can I just say that so many of your lessons are ones I've learned (#6)or need to learn (#8 & #10 esp)!!! #8 struck home with me...that is something I have been trying to conquer as well. This weekend I learned some new skills with a compound miter saw, drill, etc. I have always been too fearful to try things but am tired of living that way. I'll look forward to seeing how you kick fear to the curb in 2010!

Mari said...

Found you through Cindy (from her visit with Jayme) and love your list. Sounds much like mine...in fact...it COULD be mine! Love it.

paige said...

well what a treat!
as soon as i opened your blog i could hear that wonderful song!!
i love it!
i tried to add it to my playlist yesterday but it wouldn't pull up
anyway
i loved seeing all the amazing photos of your event this weekend!!
how amazing
all the details look just perfect!

sandy said...

Boy oh Boy, did I need to read this today! I copied and printed it out and I am going to keep it by my bed and read it every night. Yup.....that's how much I can relate...especially the fear thing and the homebody thing. Thank you Amy!

Sandy

Carry Grace said...

welcome back!

the wild raspberry said...

Hi Amy, I don't get around blog land very much, but your post was very meaningful and touching. I wish you well on your goals. Have a lovely day!
Warmly, Debbie

jen by jennifer said...

It's hard, isn't it? Just living in the NOW and forgetting the past... one day at a time, one day at a time... I say it yet it's so hard! Thanks for posting and sharing!