Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just a Bit of Change

I have a bay window in my kitchen.
Before I painted it it held all my plants.
That was just ugly!

When I repainted it I knew I didn't want in to be my plant stand.
I wanted to use it for seating at our kitchen table and that didn't work.

I thought I could just turn it into a cozy nook.



BEFORE:
This photo was take late afternoon yesterday.
I just love all the light.
Although, I think I am making those fake lemons feel a bit self conscience.
Smack dab in the middle without a single friend.

AFTER:
(sorry for the bad picture)
This photo was taken really early this morning.
That is why the lighting is so different
All's I added was a candle chandelier and some throw pillows.
The dilemma here was that I didn't want to block the windows with big pillows.
This is all I could come up with.


This is a candle chandelier that I picked up along the way. I uncovered it in my closet.
I impulsively purchased this an didn't have a spot for it.
However, I loved it and couldn't get rid of it.
I knew that at some point I would find the perfect spot for it.
I think I did....what do you think?


This is just a sea of pillows.
Comfy, comfy, comfy.......
They are all down filled so when someone wants to sit and enjoy they will just be swallowed up by pillows.

Well, I'm off to grab my morning coffee and to sit and gaze out the window while laying on a "sea" of pillows~

Happy Tuesday!

P.S. Is anyone else sad that their kids are going back to school?
Am I the only one?

18 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

LOVE the chandelier!!! And the pillows look great! Very inviting! I LOVE, LOVE bay windows! My mother had three in her house and I always loved them!

I am also sad....very sad....that the kids are going back to school. Cameron is a Jr. in high school and time is flying by so fast!! Seth a sophomore in college! I truly do not know how this happened!!

Lou Cinda :)

Kasey said...

how funny...i have the same window coverings in my window.
where do you get your ideas???
they are just fabulous!

Backyard Candle Co. said...

Looks great! Is that where I'll sleep if I come visit?????? :) You have a darling home, and pictures don't even begin to do it justice! Have a great day!
Oh, I had the same exact chandelier thinking the same exact thing. I never found a spot tho, so I gave it to my aunt!

Anne Marie said...

that looks soooo inviting.....

I would love a seat like that!

Sarah said...

I love the chandelier and the pillows are perfect! You did a fabulous job! I love your pillows!
We haven't started back to school yet, we have another week or so, it will go fast I am sure! Are you having fun during the day?

Caroline said...

Yes I am sad the kids are going back to school because that means that I have to go back to work as well :( However I have my youngest going to my school so that is comfort to me as my two oldest ones will both be in high school this year.

the wild raspberry said...

i have a bay window that i struggle with decorating...yours looks so dreamy! great job...i could definitely sit there and daydream~
so glad you came by for a visit this morning...hope that all is well~
xo
chasity

southerninspiration said...

Yes, thanks, I'd love to come and sit with you in the comfy, cozy window and have coffee and talk girl talk!! :)

Suzanne

mimi charmante said...

Absolutely love it~ I will have to come have a coffee with you to enjoy it...
We have over two weeks left so I haven't been in sad mood, yet...
xo

Katie said...

Very nice! It looks very cozy and inviting. Do you have any more major projects that you're going to to be doing?

Anonymous said...

Ok girl, this is truly fabulous. Looks like a magazine picture. Such a comfy cozy window. Love the chandelier too. The birds are darling.

I'm so glad that you can click on the pictures to look at the details. It is always disappointing to see a beautiful room and then not be able to click and see all the goodness up close.

Christina from As Time Goes By---for some reason my google acct. isn't let me comment. argh.

jen said...

Very bright and cheary!! What a nice spot for breakfast!!

Jen

Tara said...

Love the sea of pillows...gorgeous! the light is wonderful in that spot too...I always wanted a bay window! xo

Lisa said...

The kids here aren't back in school yet. Next week. I don't have any and my sister has 3 little ones so she will be a bit re leaved when her 6 year old goes back. He loves it so we don't get sad. I took him out today and thought next time I'd take his little brother because he would be in school! They'll be home soon!
Hugs, Lisa

Blasé said...

Just Beautiful! More Chandeliers and Cowbells.

It is my current "understanding" that you recently turned 39.

Happy belated Birthday!

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Gotta hand it to pillow power, Amy. Looks fantastic!

Jeanne Oliver said...

It turned out beautifully!

LuLu said...

I'll meet you at the "sea of pillows" for coffee and we can get over the fact that school is back in session!
have a good one,
LuLu